Saturday, September 24, 2005

My Own computer

I had build my own computer
I bought

Processor : AMD 64 3200+ (Socket 754)
Motherboard: MSI K8N NEO 3( With nvidia nforce chipset)
RAM : 512 MB Hynix
Graphic Card: 128 MB Zebronics Graphic card(on nvidia GE -Force chipset)


I opened the processor carton. It contained a fan and processor.
while I took the manual from the motherboard carton.
I used both motherboard manual and the processor's to fix the processor in the socket in correct orientation. I was tensed but eventually as I started fixing parts my confidence grew.
First I inserted the processor into the socket ( noting the warning that in improper direction the processor wont fit)
The processor slid into the socket and it has to be locked by a lever. That was easy.
Next came the part of fixing the fan . First I was confused of the direction but by observing the manuals of both the processor and motherboard and suerimposing both the pictures into my eye which is watching the real Motherboard and processor could fix the fan in correct direction.
Next I inserted the RAM into its slot . That's a kids game.
Then with my screw drivers and screws got busy removing my old motherboad and replaced it with My new one.
I inserted my graphic card and the next step was to keep the Front panel wires in correct orientation.
sadly Its the place where I failed as I am inexperienced . I brought my uncles colleague in hardware and allowed him fix those little problems.
I fixed hard disk and kept all the cables in their respective ports and Its all over in the hardware side.


In software My xp is not working even the bootable is not working.
But my PCQ Linux 2005 is working without GUI.
My fedora core 4 worked seamlessly.

4 comments:

lavanya said...

Great that u do lotsa technical works, though didnt have time to go thro ur entire post.. i would do so later..Hoping that i get lots of info abt linux, troubleshooting

pavi said...

When u start using linux! contact me!

pavi said...

By the way Xp is working

pavithran said...

6200 TC is graphic cards