Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lennovo thinkpad Edge E530 simply rocks on LMDE !

I have never seen such a seamless installation though I faced minor glitches with a package called live-installer-slideshow which I understand is the reason why installation hangs on LMDE march 2013 cinnamon edition. I found the solution thanks to mint forums  So I removed the package and continued with the installation. I came back and posted the updated solution at the forums from where I got the idea. Loved the fact that I gave back directly to the community which helped me solve the issue.

I did start with the partitioning tool in windows 7 from where I shrunk the main windows partition. So it created a non partitioned space. So while installing LMDE I just gave the space as root and swap and installed. Everything went seamlessly.

I was presented with the beautiful cinnamon desktop . I did try changing the theme to see how it is , just amazing is all I could say and love the mint and debian team for their efforts in bringing such a nice distro.
So I need not even make a check list

  1. Sound - works
  2. Webcam - Works
  3. Wireless - Works 
Thats all I care as of now, Thank you again lennovo, debian and mint!  

No comments: